The McMahon Archive

Home of the McMahoniacs

The McMahon Archive

The McMahon Archive

Does Your Zodiac Sign Align With You?

When we think of who we are as a person and how we act, we probably never attribute it to our zodiac sign – the specific constellation that the sun passes through on the day we are born. There are twelve constellations that each have a signature symbol and a range of dates to signify their kin. These signs are more a part of us than we know, and can actually guide us to success. 

Zodiac | Symbols, Dates, Facts, & Signs | Britannica

Each zodiac possesses its own unique traits, but when you ask many people what they are, they aren’t sure. Down below are just some of the characteristics that make you, well you!

• ♈️ Aries (March 21 – April 19) – Competitive, energetic, impulsive, fearless 
  • ♉️ Taurus(April 20 – May 20) – Resolute, grounded, tenacious, sensual
  • ♊️ Gemini (May 21- June 20- Witty, curious, charming, flighty
  • ♋️ Cancer (June 21 – July 22) – Compassionate, giving, sentimental, nurturing
  • ♌️ Leo (July 23 – August 22)  – Charismatic, generous, optimistic, dramatic
  • ♍️ Virgo (August 23 – September 22) – Health-conscious, analytical, service-oriented, detail-focused
  • ♎️ Libra (September 23 – October 22) – Romantic, artistic, indecisive, diplomatic 
  • ♏️ Scorpio (October 23 – November 21) – Mysterious, magnetic, power-seeking, Spiritual
  • ♐️ Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21) – Philosophical, free-spirited, unfiltered, wanderlust
  • ♑️ Capricorn (December 22 – January 19)- Traditional, down-to-earth, industrious, disciplined
  • ♒️ Aquarius (January 20 – February 18)- Humanitarian, eccentric, individualistic, cool, shy 
  • ♓️ Pisces (February 19 – March 20)- Empathic, artistic, psychic, dreamy

With these descriptions, here at the McMahon Archive, we decided to interview some fellow students and teachers to see if these meaningful traits aligned with their lives so far and if they truly believed in it, powering them to simply be them. 

First, we asked Ella Dino what she had to say about her sign, Aquarius, and she stated “Whenever I read something about Aquarius, I’m like that’s accurate but I don’t fully buy it, but yes [it aligns].” This highlights that even though you may not believe in something, it still can suit you and go with your lifestyle. 

Next, we talked to Eisha Quereshi who said that her sign matches her “…for sure. One-hundred percent. I think it’s pretty accurate. Sometimes though I do get more fixated on the details [like Virgo], so yeah that might hold me back.” It’s good to recognize the weaknesses and strengths that come with your star signs and see how you can improve from that. A great start for becoming a better version of yourself. 

Making our way down to the gym, we found Mrs. Stockfisch and Mrs. Kinne and questioned them about each other. Did they believe the other suited their zodiac sign, why or why not? The two teachers have one of the closest friendships that can be found in this school. When given the description for Mrs. Stockfisch’s sign, Virgo, Mrs. Kinne says, “Yeah that’s a hundred percent Mrs. Stockfisch. I would say it’s like a 9.5 [out of 10].” In turn, the same was said by Mrs. Stockfisch for Mrs. Kinne’s sign, Pisces, “It’s a 9. The sensitivity, the emotions…”

Additionally, we questioned about believing in astrology. Mrs. Stockfisch commented, “I believe more in the ones that vibe and the ones that don’t.” Compatibility is one of the biggest aspects when it comes to Zodiac signs, which can be why Mrs. Kinne and Mrs. Stockfisch, Pisces, and Virgo, have such a profound relationship. As it is said, they are a perfect match and will push each other to be the most successful versions of themselves. 

On the contrary, there were some people who didn’t entirely agree with the perspective of Zodiac signs. Mr. Thompson, a history teacher and Aquarius, was one of these people. He said, “My viewpoint of astrology is that you get very generic answers that anybody could pigeonhole into it if you really dig deep about yourself. There is not very specific specifics with astrology but I do see myself accurate with a lot of the stuff like…. fighting for idealistic causes and I am shy and quiet. Sometimes I feel like we can create our own faith and also you don’t always get to control your environment but can control your adapting to the environment.” 

With this being said, it is very eye-opening to understand your star sign as well as how it affects your life. Some might use it to lead them to a better future but others might choose their own path. Whatever you decide to do, just know that your zodiac sign will always be one small part of you and can help you discover your inner being. 

If you would like to learn more about your zodiac sign, read our other article “What is Your Zodiac Sign?” which has more detailed information for you!