The McMahon Archive

Home of the McMahoniacs

The McMahon Archive

The McMahon Archive

Boys Basketball’s Come From Behind Win To Beat Greenwich

McMahon’s boys basketball team played an intense match against Greenwich this past Friday, ending with a lay-up deciding the match as time expired. 

Fourth quarter, as the game’s pace closed in on the final play, Tyler Pils threw a risky pass to transition the ball, which tipped into Kyle Close’s hand. Kyle Close then just-missed the shot, the shot that fell directly into Cameron Rice’s hands, who scored on a layup to win the game for McMahon.

The game started with McMahon up by 7. McMahon was playing a slower game due to having the lead. But as the game continued, Greenwich played aggressive offense to gain a 13 point lead into the second quarter. 

At the third quarter, McMahon eventually worked back up to close what was a 10 point gap with intense defense. 

Cameron Rice, Junior Captain, said: “We just played good defense which made us able to get out in transition for easy buckets.”

When asked how they eventually beat Greenwich, Junior Captain, Cameron Rice, said: “Intensity on defense is what shut them down in the second half.”

Come to watch McMahon take on Staples, at Staples High School this Friday at 7:00 looking to improve their record to 3-4!