The McMahon Archive

Home of the McMahoniacs

The McMahon Archive

The McMahon Archive

Why You Should Join the Wrestling Team!

The wrestling team is in need of wrestlers this year. 

It’s loads of fun! If you join,  it will be one of the best decisions in your life.

Wrestling gets you jacked and in crazy good shape. You’ll be more flexible, more conditioned, toned, and especially stronger. When you’re in shape you feel a million times better, trust me. It’s harder to get sick since your body is healthier from all the working out. You feel and are so much stronger, and working out also releases dopamine making you feel happier! Not only do you feel better, you look better (if that’s what you care about). You’ll get leaner while gaining muscle, which is the secret to looking better (wink wink).

The wrestling team and football team boast that Coach Santa is the nicest coach. Even though he pushes the team, he still is still very kind. His knowledge about wrestling is insane. He knows hundreds and hundreds of moves that he teaches us each year. Being a coach for over 30 years comes with tons of experience meaning he’s the best of the best. 

While there are many arguments as to why you shouldn’t wrestle,:–you have to wear a singlet, the sport is weird; it’s hard; you don’t want to get injured–but the rewards greatly outweigh the negatives. 

Since wrestling is hard, it gives you grit and determination. It’ll set you up for your future a ton. It’l make you stronger mentally, you’ll also learn the importance of nutrition and exercise. Wrestling will help teach you to not procrastinate because it takes the hardest thing you have to do out of your day. 

The wrestling team is short on numbers this year and needs as many people to join as possible. The soon to be captain Maren Gilchrist is going to be one of the few seniors on our team and would love to have more people join. 

For most people you only get these four years to play sports in high school so you should take advantage of it while you can. You don’t want to regret it, so just try it out!

Wrestling is a family. You will form relationships with people for life doing wrestling. Everyone on the wrestling team is a great friend and will welcome you to the team with wide open arms. 

So, join. Go, ask Coach Santa in his room 1206. Ask him, “How can I sign up?” He’ll love to give you an answer. 

Ps. Tell him I told you to join (I’m trying to get captain next year)). Also, there’s a meeting Wednesday, Nov 1st, be there!