The McMahon Archive

Home of the McMahoniacs

The McMahon Archive

The McMahon Archive

A Night to Remember

After years of missing out, McMahon High School is finally bringing back the homecoming dance for all students to attend on Saturday, November 4th. 

For many high schoolers who grew up watching teen drama shows or dreaming about showing off in a long sparkly dress or fitted black and white tux with their date, this night has been highly anticipated. Homecoming dances are among some of the most memorable experiences that every student looks forward to when they enter high school–

except those at McMahon for the last three years. For some, homecoming is just the big football game at the beginning of the year but now, everyone can join together to enjoy one night to party and celebrate our high school lives before prom–dressed glamorously as ever! Students will finally get their shot at walking into a gymnasium with the smell of boxed pizzas and desserts lingering among screams from friends jumping around beside them over the music blaring loudly out of the DJ booth.

It may seem overdue since our homecoming game was weeks ago but better late than never. 

Over the last few years, COVID-19 restrictions left many feeling empty without communal happenings like social events; however given there’s no more need for masks because conditions have improved drastically, having a dance seems fitting!

While the main attention turns towards this upcoming festive occasion full anticipation starts brewing throughout campus where people rush after each other asking for dates and coordinating preparation plans. Conversations, before and after, will fill the halls with talk of who’s wearing what and what their favorite song was of the night. Whether you’re an eager freshman longing to gain teen life experiences OR a nearing end-of-career senior who wants to enjoy their final lap around the M, this night will be one for the books. We deserve to have the opportunity to enjoy ourselves even if it’s for just one night. We all work so hard every day to keep our class grades up, to get ready for the next test, and to prepare for AP and IB exams, so what’s one night gonna hurt?

So grab your friends and your fits for a dazzling night this Saturday. Also don’t forget to submit signed permission slips because they are required before the night of the dance. Let’s come to start a lasting tradition and make it a night to remember!

View Comments (1)