The McMahon Archive

Home of the McMahoniacs

The McMahon Archive

The McMahon Archive

Girls Volleyball Season Check-In

The Brien McMahon Varsity Volleyball team is excited to dive further into the season this fall. Starting off strong with 5 wins out of 8 games. The Senators were able to bring home wins against Stamford (twice), Weston, Masuk, and West Haven. 

After their most recent 3-2 win over Stamford, the team is excited to compete for another victory at Staples High School this Friday night. 

When asked what her goals for the team were, captain Caroline McClung said “We want to make it to states and FCIACs and go further than last year, when we made it to the quarter finals.” 

The team sets high expectations for themselves and strives to push themselves past their limits. Above all they want to prioritize creating a bond and building a safe space. This type of dynamic is what brought them to quarter finals last year at FCIACs, and will hopefully bring them even further this season. They want the team to feel like a family, through the highs and lows. 

“We want to make sure that our team is a healthy environment, one where we all support each other through wins and losses,” Caroline stated. 

The girls are eager to grow this season and expect to bring home many more wins for our Senators. Despite losing six strong seniors last year, Caroline has said their line up this year is “just as strong, if not stronger” than last year. 

Multiple players have already received recognition through top tournaments, Ruden Report awards (including Amaya Acevedo, Elizabeth Skidmore, and Caroline McClung.) This year is looking promising for Girls Volleyball, and McMahon students are excited to support them as they make their mark on the season.