The McMahon Archive

Home of the McMahoniacs

The McMahon Archive

The McMahon Archive

Off The Boards: Brock Boser Edges to be the First 20 Goal Scorer

The Vancouver Canucks are doing alright.

The NHL goal leader is a tight and constantly changing race, but Brock Boser has taken the lead with 17 goals poising him to be the first to 20. Currently Boser is two goals away from beating the record of 18 he scored during 2022-2023. Boser is entering his seventh NHL season, and has been a solid player throughout his career but recently he has taken off. And in the age where scoring is key, he is on top– helping the Vancouver Canucks work towards knocking The Vegas Golden Knights of the top spot of the Pacific Division.

Brock Boser has had one four goal game so far (10/11/23 vs. EDM) and a multitude of multi goal, and point nights. Bosers success comes from numerous point. Play wise Boser has struggled a little over the past few seasons, but he has shown why he deserved his Heart Trophy win and runners up for the Calder Trophy during the 2017-2018 season

The Vancouver Canucks as a whole have the best scoring production in the leagued with 92 goals coming from seventeen different players– overall they are one of the most well balanced team in the league.

Another Vancouver is taking the league in a more defensive way. Canucks Captain Quinn Huges is Co-leading the league in plus/minus. If you didn’t know what a plus minus is it is a fairly simple statistic. For every goal scored when your on ice you get awarded one point. Any time time a goal is scored on you net and you are on the ice you get minus a point. This means you can have a negative or positive score in this statistic.

Quinn Hughes has +18 a number he shares with another elite defenseman in the league Cale Maker of the Colorado Avalanche. Hughes is not just helping out on the blue line. With 25 assists he is only trailing Makar, the current assists leader by two– it’s a record that he can easily beat. All this said you can’t leave out Hughes defensive partner Filip Hronek. With very similar stats Filip Hronek also sits comfortably in a top five position for Plus/Minus and Goals Scored.

Hronek and Hughes compliment each other perfectly but honestly– so does the whole team. Both the Offense and Defense can back up both goalies allowing them to play there best and both have over an .900% Save percentage with Thatcher Demo sporting one of .926% and having 2 shutouts.